INDEX OF POST
The Government of India, through the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) have held hands with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to address the issue of low number of PhDs in the nation.
Industry, through CII, and government, through SERB, have together founded a joint partnership conspire for logical and mechanical research, called the Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research, where up to 100 skilled students will be chosen each year to get double scholarship for a most extreme time of four years to deal with industry-important undertakings.
Prime Minister Fellowship Scheme 2017-18 Doctoral Research
The plan is for supporting trying PhD researchers with double scholarship, half of which will be given by government and adjust half by a supporting industry, for doing research for a long time and the exploration kindred will get PhD degree by doing this mechanical research.
A competitor can enlist on the page of PM Fellowship in the event that she/he has been selected/admitted for PhD in most recent 14 months from the date of accommodation of utilizations.
This has been done to suit the different college/establish decides that fluctuate from 6 months to 14 months? day and age for conclusive enlistment to PhD from the season of introductory enlistment, which incorporates course work in organization for two semesters. The candidates should solidify their cooperation with industry before applying.
Prime Minister Fellowship Scheme 2017-18 Selection Process and Broad Criteria
An abnormal state Apex Council comprising of individuals from the scholarly community, industry and government will audit the applications and select the possibility for honor of PM Fellowship.
- The venture ought to be inventive and of high logical legitimacy, with discrete R&D rather than exploratory examination
- The proposed research must have a high potential to convert into a business opportunity and commercialization
- High validity, limit of doctoral individual and the foundation
- High level of business intrigue, contribution and cooperation of industry
Public Private-Partnership (PPP) for human asset limit working for modern R&D has been perceived as one of the primary expectations by a Sub-advisory group of Prime Minister’s Council on Trade and Industry. One of the key suggestions that risen up out of the Private Sector is to configuration, create and actualize a Doctoral Research Scheme under PPP for upgrading trust level in the scholarly community, look into outfits and industry.
About Prime Minister Fellowship Scheme
An exceptional plan for 100 ‘Doctoral Research Fellowships’ consistently was declared amid the Inception Ceremony of the Indian Science Congress Association, in June 2012 in Kolkata. Vide Prime Minister’s Office ID No–3646245/2012-ES-II dated 2 November 2012; the Prime Minister’s Office endorsed the proposition of naming the ‘SERB-CII Doctoral Fellowship Scheme‘ as Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research. Thusly, the Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research was formally propelled at the ‘AICTE-CII University-Industry Congress and fourth Global Higher Education Summit’ held in New Delhi.
This plan is gone for empowering youthful, skilled, excited and result-arranged researchers to take up industry-applicable research. Under this plan, the full-time PhD researchers get twofold the cash that they would somehow or another get for doing research. Most extreme government association in India at any scholarly or research organization is roughly Rs 36,400 every month, including House Rent Allowance (HRA) for SRF classification.
Prime Minister Fellowship Salary
Under the Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research, the researchers get twofold the JRF/SRF as grant. While one-portion of this grant originates from the administration, the second half originates from an accomplice organization which likewise works intimately with the competitor on the examination extend. The main group started in 2013. The plan has been made open-finished since September 2014, enabling applicants to apply whenever inside 14 months from their PhD enrollment.
Co-operations have been given to 79 PM Fellows in the initial 3 years with more than 30 organizations and more than 50 organizations meeting up to bolster the plan. It is conceived that this plan would inevitably pull in huge number of skilled understudies into seeking after PhD and on changing industry’s outlook in putting resources into R&D and enrolling more PhDs.
Fellowship for Phd students in India
- Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research is an endeavor to empower industry situated research at Doctoral Studies.
- Applicants enlisted in Ph.D. program inside most recent 14 months are qualified to apply for Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research.
- The applicant ought to locate a mechanical accomplice before apply for the association, the modern accomplice must be prepared to incompletely support the grant plot that is, greatest 3 lakh for every annum and work with the researcher for the exploration.
- The researcher chosen for the association will get Rs. 6 lakh for his/her venture, half of the sum will originate from Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) and the staying from the modern accomplice.
- The most extreme term of the cooperation is 4 years and consistently 100 activities are furnished with assets for their exploration.
- The determination of the tasks will be finished by master board on the premise of their capability of the venture and the included gatherings.
- The applications for the grant are to be made on the web and the application procedure is open consistently.
Click Here for SERB Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research PDF
Click Here For Prime Mister Fellowship Scheme For Doctoral Research